Driver - Community Aged & Disability - Logan
With community service initiatives dating back to 1870, Anglicare is one of Queensland’s most experienced providers. Our range of services is ever-evolving, and is designed to support our community to live happier, healthier lives.
Our team based at Meadowbrook offer a number of community services including group outings and to assist staff, we are looking for a volunteer Driver to help with transporting clients to and from allocated venues. This essential role will support our clients and provide the opportunity for them to enjoy social interaction while attending appointments, fun activities and other support services. To join us, you will need:
To join us, you will need:
- An open, clean and current Queensland Drivers Licence and a commitment to drive safely, defensively and within the law
- The physical ability to assist residents in and out of vehicles which may include those using wheel walkers
- The motivation to make a difference in other people’s lives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to relate to different ages and cultures
- A patient, friendly and mature attitude and a respect for confidentiality and privacy
- Flexibility, commitment and ability to work both independently and within a team
- Respect, care and courtesy towards others
Other requirements include:
- Availability – at least one shift (4 hours) per week between 8am and 4pm, Monday - Friday
- Consistency and reliability – willing to commit to an ongoing basis for at least 6 months
- Confidentiality – this is critical to us and you will need to sign a Role Description which includes a confidentiality agreement
- Two (2) referees – who are not relatives and can vouch for your character and interaction in the community (ie. Work Colleague, Church Elder, Community Leader , Doctor or other Professional)
- National Police Clearance – we organise and pay for this if you don’t already have one
- Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption - we can help with this too!
Apply at Anglicare SQ - Volunteers
Imagine working for the love of it.